We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Amaranth biscuits: simple and quick recipe, will allow you to obtain a large number of biscuits in a very short time. Amaranth and chocolate biscuits, with citrus or spices.
Those who are familiar with the kitchen know very well: when making cookies, a lot of time is invested in giving the right shape to the dough before cooking. With this recipe of the amaranth cookieslet's solve the problem of the shapes in a very simple way: let's go and bake a loaf that we will cut immediately after cooking. In this way you will be able to obtain a large number of biscuits with the typical shape ofcantucci.
Amaranth cookies, recipe
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 250 grams of butter
- 150 grams of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 grated lemon peel *
- 1 grated orange peel **
- 3 tablespoons of liqueur of your choice ***
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 150 grams of mixed dried fruit
(almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts ...)
- 200 grams ofamaranth flour
- 300 grams of wheat flour
(wholemeal for a stronger taste or refined for a more delicate flavor)
- a pinch of salt
- a sachet of baking powder
- 1) Let the butter soften at room temperature. Mix the butter and sugar. Incorporate eggs, grated lemon peel, liqueur and cinnamon.
- 2) Chop and toast the dried fruit (almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts ...), add it to the mixture and mix carefully.
- 3) In a container aside, sift the two flours and mix them together, add salt and yeast. Jumbled up. Add the flours to the previous dough and mix everything well.
- 4) The final dough must be solid enough to allow the formation of four loaves. If the dough is excessively liquid and does not allow you to keep the shapes, add a tablespoon of amaranth flour.
- 5) Create four loaves to be placed in a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake the loaves at a temperature of 170 ° C (preheated oven) and cook for 20 - 25 minutes.
How to get the biscuits from the loaf?
Remove the loaves from the oven without turning off the oven. Wait 5 minutes and then cut the loaves crosswise making sure you get manyamaranth cookiesfrom the same shape as the cantucci. Put them back in the pan (the ideal would be the perforated grill that allows cooking on both sides) and put them in the oven for another 10 minutes. If you haven't used the perforated grill, cook for 6 minutes on each side.
Amaranth and chocolate biscuits
*, ** The grated citrus peels can be replaced with 50 grams of milk or dark chocolate as your palate prefers. Chocolate goes very well with mixed dried fruit (hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts ...) but to better balance the ingredients we recommend using 100 grams of mixed fruit and 100 grams of chocolate.
*** As for the liqueur, the use of limoncello is indicated with citrus fruits. For the version of theamaranth and chocolate biscuitswe recommend something like Baileys Irish Cream (Irish whiskey and milk cream), chocolate liqueur or amaretto to emphasize the presence of almonds among the nuts. The process is the same.
Amaranth, sweet and savory recipes
L'amaranthcan replace spinach in anyrecipe: you can prepare stuffed ravioli, cannelloni, amaranth omelettes, flans .. just like you would with spinach. Of course, however, the taste is completely different! This is not the first page we dedicate torecipes with Amaranth. Below we refer you to the recipes already seen to date.
- How to cook amaranth
On the page you will find general advice on cooking amaranth and the two recipes:
– Potato and amaranth croquettes
- Amaranth tamales
- Recipes with amaranth
On the page you will find information on the amaranth plant and three recipes:
- Amaranth gnocchi
- Amaranth and lentil soup
- Amaranth energy bars
- Amaranth, properties and recipes
On the page you will find information on the nutritional values of amaranth and its beneficial properties, in addition to the three recipes:
- Pumpkin and amaranth risotto
- Amaranth cheese cake
- Amaranth and peppers meatballs
- Amaranth, recipes
On the page you will find information and recipes on:
- How to make amaranth flour
- How to use amaranth flour
- Curry amaranth soup
You might also be interested in Homemade protein bars