We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Homemade natural fertilizer: instructions for preparing a natural DIY fertilizer to improve soil fertility.
Theresoil fertilityit is not only the ability of the soil to supply nutrients to the host plants but also its ease of processing, the optimal structure ... A fertile soil must be:
- rich in nutrients necessary for the sustenance and growth of plants. So rich in nutrients for plants including nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium.
- Rich in trace elements such as sulfur, zinc, chlorine, cobalt, copper, iron, manganese, molybdenum ...
- A fertile soil is characterized by a good percentage of organic substance which improves its structure and the ability to retain moisture.
- The pH of a fertile soil must be within the range of 6 - 6.8 for most plants. In special cases it will have to be more acidic or alkaline (for acidophilic or basophilic plants).
- Theresoil fertilityit also depends on its structure: fertile soil must be well drained, even if some plants prefer water stagnation (just think of rice) or a dry environment (just think of agave cultivation).
- A fertile soil must be able to count on a wide range of microorganisms useful for plants.
- It will have to contain a good amount of soil.
As is clear, a good one is not enoughhomemade natural fertilizerto ensure the optimumsoil fertility. It is necessary to work the land trying to respect crop cycles and improve its structure. In this sense a goodhomemade natural fertilizerit can be precisely mulch: it protects the soil structure, keeps the soil moist and helps the proliferation of organisms that live in the subsoil useful for the vegetable garden. To prepare thisdo-it-yourself natural fertilizerI refer you to what are the materials to use to pack the ground:mulch, materials.
Are many natural fertilizers that can help you in the care of the vegetable garden and the garden. The list of the best natural fertilizers does not see anything "prepared" but only collected from nature (possibly left to rest) and then returned to the earth. This is the case of guano, earthworm humus, manure and manure. To find out how you can use these components to fertilize the soil in a natural way, I recommend reading the article dedicated tonatural fertilizers.
Another organic fertilizer par excellence is compost. Compost is an excellent DIY fertilizer to be made from vegetable waste and food scraps.
Homemade natural fertilizer
If you really can't do without DIY, you can prepare a good onehomemade natural fertilizerstarting from infusions and vegetable macerates.
The horsetail infusion is used asnatural fertilizer with good pesticide power. You can prepare it starting from fresh or dry horsetail: keep in mind that if you use fresh horsetail you will have to increase the doses by far. For preparation and to get to know othersnatural fertilizersready to use (ground lupine is very important) I invite you to read the article entitledHomemade natural fertilizer.
Another recipe fromnatural fertilizerbased on tansy, garlic and onion is available in the article entitledDIY fertilizer.
Other homemade natural fertilizers
In the guide dedicated toDo-it-yourself natural fertilizersyou can find recipes for the preparation of natural fertilizers starting from:
- Banana peels
- Brewer's yeast
- Vegetable cooking water
- Red wine
- Egg shells
- Calendula and chamomile
If you are looking to fertilize land that has been fallow for a long time, I recommend that you follow the instructions in the articlehow to make soil fertile.
You may also be interested in the article
- Earthworm humus: use and how to produce it
- Urea fertilizer
- Pollina fertilizer: doses and use